Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

We all know the stubborness of the Crams...I have a great story about my mom (Erna) and her dad(Grandpa Cram) when she was about 19 years old. She used to love to say that the street car she took only went to 'Q' street so she had to walk a block to 'pee". I guess when grandpa heard her make the comment he called her on it and told her the street car did stop at P street. Thus commenced a huge argument on whether the street car stopped at Q or P street. Finally in frustration mom said to grandpa "I'll prove it to you! " and she called the bus line. When she got the lady on the phone she ask her the question, and sure enough she was right. She thrust the phone at grandpa saying "would you repeat that to my father please". After Grandpa listened he hung up the phone and in a loud voice exclaimed, "That woman doesn't know what she's talking about!" Oh the confidence of the Crams...they are always right, even when they are wrong!

1 comment:

  1. I love it. Great story! I can just hear Grandpa Cram...and he was quite a bit more mellow when I knew him!

    ReplyDelete