Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010




Station Wagons that go down in the Haskin history.


We had several station wagons over the years and so many stories attached to them. One stationwagon we had had kind of windows on the top. you could look up and watch the sky as you were riding. It was cool. It had a back,back seat that faced backwards. The kids used to love to sit there and watch where we had been. One day I was driving by the high school near our home and someone hit a homer over the fence. You can guess where it landed. Yep right on top of my car. It broke the window that was on top of the car. I remember how difficult that was to explain to the insurance agent.
Another station wagon we had had a back gate that layed down flat to climb in and out of. We went to Yosemite every year for vacation and we had just pulled up to our camp spot and were unloading the car. Everyone was carrying something and last of all was a watermelon. Mark was about four and he got up in the back of the station wagon and rolled the watermelon right out and onto the ground! Of course it was smashed to pieces. We ask Mark why he had done that and he simply said "I don't like watermelon." I guess it made sense to him.
I got one of the two tickets I have ever had, driving the kids down to Paula's. The kids were playing the game where you pump your arm when you pass a truck and the trucker would blast his horn. The kids kept telling me to hurry up to the next truck and since I had a non functioning speedometer in the station wagon I was soon speeding. When I stopped for the flashing red lights and the police officer came to my window, Jay blurted out from the back seat.."It wasn't her fault our speedometer doesn't work!." He thought he was helping but he nearly got me two tickets instead of one!

No comments:

Post a Comment